[Year 12 SofDev] SAC2 - our practice task

Esther Andrews ANDREWS.Esther at BSSC.EDU.AU
Wed May 4 16:48:12 EST 2011

Hi all,
Here is our practice SAC2 (we have two ITSD teachers here at BSSC). It is based on the Playtime Theatre Company which we have used since Information Systems days and I'm not sure where it originated so if I've used your work I apologise for not giving credit.
I've modified it by adding an SRS. I like that the study design specifies that the students use the SRS as a basis for development. It will help students realise the significance of all that (slightly tedious) technical documentation. I also like the use of the terms "prototype" and "out of scope", which sound better than "don't worry about that" which is what I've said previously when students want to add unnecessary functionality to their solutions.

The theatre plan I have used is available here: http://www.thecapital.com.au/Files/CapitalTheatrePlan.pdf
We have not yet developed a marking scheme.

I intended to share SAC1 with you but by the time I was relatively confident it was right time had got away. I certainly appreciated and made good use of all the contributions that others made. Is it still worth posting our SAC1?

Regards,
Esther