[Yr7-10it] Apps Develoment

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Tue Oct 9 14:57:14 EST 2012

Hi Zia and Caterina,
my experience this year is primarily with the Google AppInventor (for Android) via the MIT website.
I am also looking to integrate the WindowsPhone SDK into the course for next year(both at year 9/10 level). To run the WindowsPhone SDK, you need the Win7 platform.
After having completed the iOS training and using it privately(at home), I choose not to inflict it(it being X-CODE) on the kids at the middle school level)..the learning curve is just a tad too steep at that level.

I am also implementing a more 'graphics/animation flavor' into my course-work next year at middle levels to 'encourage' students to consider selecting the Interactive Digital Media being introduced at VCE level here next year(by me).
Happy to share ideas anytime!

No rest for the wicked!

Kent Beveridge
ICT Coordinator & Maths Teacher