[Yr7-10it] Apps Develoment

Ziad Baroudi ziad at avilacollege.vic.edu.au
Mon Oct 8 20:15:39 EST 2012

Hi Caterina,

If you want to teach building mobile APPs that work on both iPhone and
Android devices, there are good SDKs out there: Corona SDK or Gideros
Mobile (use Lua programming language). Lately, one of the makers of Corona
SDK has started a company called Lanica Co. They have built a product which
allow people to build games for iOS and Android in JavaScript. It is called
Platino.

I am using Corona SDK. It is not easy but it isn't as hard as programming
can get. The Lua language is really great to use. There are a few textbooks
out there on using Corona and many APPs that have sold well.

Sincerely,
Ziad Baroudi,
Avila College,
Mount Waverley