[Yr7-10it] Lenovo has won a contract to provide 200, 000 laptops for NSW secondary school students

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 18:44:08 EST 2009

I have an IT friend who has been joking about our sudden enthusiasm towards
stimulating the economy of our neighbors instead of our own. "Buy a plasma
TV with your bonus and help China instead of the struggling family, next
door."

He did cynically add that with the planning of some IT projects sometimes
spanning a couple of years and with funding already allocated from a budget
cycle that predated the recent financial collapse, somebody probably just
wanted closure on the project before good economic-sense sinks in.

With primary school students again missing out, I wonder how much thought
was given to a FLOSS netbook option?

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au