[Yr7-10it] google docs - images blocked - question

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 08:35:24 EST 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Costello, Rob R
<Costello.Rob.R at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:
> Thanks Victor that was helpful info
>
> I'm pursuing the issue with Netspace as it seems their rules
> inadvertently cripple google docs

We're using netspace here as well, but have set it up so students have
filtered access, but staff have unfiltered access (yes, that's putting
a lot of trust in the staff :). Anyway using netspace's admin control
panel you can whitelist sites that would otherwise be blocked by the
filter. So just add docs.google.com to the whitelist (or command/beg
your technician to do so) and hey presto. The whitelist settings come
from the 'networks' access control.

> At the same time I've learnt that NSW dept of education has switched its
> 1.3 million users to gmail instead of exchange, so I'm betting they have
> done a better job of not killing one of google best collaborative
> sharing tools

Just gotta hope they've got a deal with google to provide an uptime
guarantee...

ciao

vik