[Yr7-10it] Scratch, Gamemaker, VB.net, Python, PHP and MySQL - Programming for all levels

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Mon Sep 17 08:59:41 EST 2007

Hi Tony,

 I am surprised PHP does not get a mention considering the pervasiveness of its use not least of which
with MySQL in ready made cms solutions.

As for Pascal, well I used it in my degree in the early 80s and taught it until about 1994,
but to seriously consider it in a survey in 2006 ??

Check out http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm for a "league table" of language popularity.
The order of popularity starting from the top is Java, C , (Visual) Basic, PHP ....    with python at Number 8.
Scratch is 2new to be listed it seems - even in the top 50.

Regards
Kevork