[Yr7-10it] Scratch, Gamemaker, VB.net, Python, PHP and MySQL - Programming for all levels

Tony Forster forster at ozonline.com.au
Sat Sep 15 13:58:33 EST 2007

Bill wrote:
"here's my list, which is what inclines me towards  etoys  / squeak:"

An alternate list:
easy entry level programming with drag and drop programming
a true versatile programming environment, not just selecting from limited
scenarios
top end extensibility through fully featured text based programming
licencing which allows kids to continue to work at home for free
http://tonyforster.blogspot.com/2007_02_01_archive.html
Game programming tools

or
 An Objective Comparison of Languages for Teaching Introductory Programming
http://www.it.uu.se/research/group/upcerg/Publications/proceedingsKoliCalling2006/research2.pdf