[Yr7-10it] Gamemaker assessment task

Tony Forster forster at ozonline.com.au
Thu Mar 29 09:45:36 EST 2007

> Have you had any issues from parents or staff regarding putting gamemaker
> in your elective IT subjects?

My experience from running a Gamemaker after school elective.
The teachers and school had a luke warm reaction, maybe they would have been
more positive had they had the time to see what the kids were doing. They
were impressed if they walked past to see the level of engagement but
probably had concerns about whether this is what a school should be doing.

I had 100% support from the parents of children who were attending,
including a teacher at the school with kids at the school. Many parents
would meet with me afterwards to thank me and comment on the positive effect
on their children.