[Yr7-10it] Gamemaker assessment task

Russell Edwards edwards.russell.t at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Mar 26 14:23:48 EST 2007

A quick question for the gamemaker enthusiasts.

Have you had any issues from parents or staff regarding putting
gamemaker in your elective IT subjects?

I am thinking of giving it to my 9/10 "Advanced Computer Skills"
elective class, however I have already stretched that subject, being
originally advertised in the course handbook as "Advanced Word
Processing" (boooring!). So far I have given them blogs and XHTML/CSS up
to a fairly advanced level. For next term I was thinking of going for
gamemaker but I would worry that some people would rather that the kids
were learning more directly tangible practical skills, i.e. advanced
topics in Word/Excel/Publisher/PowerPoint/Access etc.

What would you do in this situation?  Just do it? Or have the Course
Handbook for changed to advertise it first (i.e. wait for next year)?

Russell

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education.