[Yr7-10it] Gamemaker assessment task

Sylvia Pastore-Bautista pastosy at mowbray.vic.edu.au
Mon Mar 26 14:52:25 EST 2007

Can you tell me the author of the book that you used as I too am
teaching Year 8 students and intend to learn about gamemaker so I can
teach them it next term. Apart from the gamemaker site are there sites
that you can recommend to learn gamemaker as I need to make sure I
know it before teaching the kids.
--
SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT

Sylvia Pastore-Bautista
Daily Organiser
Mowbray College
Town Centre
Caroline Springs

Quoting Kevork Krozian <Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au>:

> Hi Folks,
>
>     Having just calmed down after the euphoria of discovering I had
> a junior IT class this year for the first time since 1990, I decided
>  to give them 3 learning activities with Gamemaker :
>         1. Catch the clown ( tutorial on the gamemaker site )
>         2. Devilishly Easy ( Ch 2 in The Game Maker's Apprentice
> textbook ISBN 1-59059-615-3 )
>         3. Wingman Sam  ( Ch 9 in The Game Maker's Apprentice
> textbook ISBN 1-59059-615-3 )
>
>  To be honest the students did struggle a bit with the last task but
>  we survived.  However, students have been lining up at recess and
> lunchtime just for the chance to get in and do games programming !!!
>
>  What about assessment  ?
>
>   I have decided to mirror the Wingman Sam game as a Tank game with
> 2 tanks going over the desert using/modifying some of the sprites
> from the Ch 10 resources in the Game Maker's Apprentice textbook.
>
>  I have created the assessment marking sheet to see how many of the
> skills students will be able to duplicate. I have attached this for
> your information . Take it or leave it , use it or modify it as you
> please.
>
> I will give this to the students the first day back next term and
> see how they go . As always comments are welcome.
>
> Best Wishes

> Authority and
> Teachers Association Inc

This email and any files transmitted with it are privileged and
confidential, and are intended only for the use of the intended
recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for
delivering this email to the intended recipient, any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email and any
attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email
in error please delete it immediately from your computer.