[Yr7-10it] wikisapces

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw.andrew.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Mar 14 13:59:33 EST 2007

thx anne - a terrific help

-andrew
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Baird, Anne P
  Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 4:24 AM
  Subject: RE: [Yr7-10it] wikisapces

  Hi Andrew

  We are using Wikispaces quite extensively here at Wedderburn for Years 5/6=
, Years 7, 8, 9, 11 & 12. We also have a P-12 wiki that acts as a portal for=
 all the other class wikis as well as a space for teachers. At this stage th=
e class ones are mostly used as a space for access to lessons and homework.=
 Kelvin, my husband, teaches Year 11 & 12 IT and he uses them for his classe=
s. I use them for Year 7 & 8 IT and also support other classes in using them=
 for various things. They will definitely evolve over this year and the next=
 so keep coming back if you want to see changes.

  This year we are also trialling the use of wikis as digital portfolios for=
 students in Years 7, 8, & 9. These ones are private and can only be viewed=
 by the student and teachers or parents that they invite.  I am in the proce=
ss of putting together a pretend one that can be used as a demonstration.

  All students have created their log ins and their wikifolio using their ca=
ses code which makes them much harder to identify except by teachers in the=
 school.

  We did not ask parents permission to use wikis specifically although paren=
ts do sign a release form at the beginning of the year for internet use and=
 publishing. However the parents are fully informed as they will see them at=
 parent teacher interview as it is a three way interview and students will b=
e showing them their work on their wiki. Hope that helps

  Our Wedderburn Teaching Wiki.
  http://wedderburnp12.wikispaces.com/

  Our Wedderburn  Information Wiki is
  http://teaching-with-technology.wikispaces.com/

  Regards Anne

  Anne Baird
  Leading Schools Manager
  Wedderburn College
  Hospital St
  Wedderburn 3518
  School 03 54943011 Mobile 0417 340276 Home 03 54911540
  My LSF Blog  http://wedderburn-college.blogspot.com/
  My Photos   http://www.flickr.com/photos/anne_loves_pink/
  My weblinks  http://del.icio.us/annieb3525