[Yr7-10it] wikisapces

Baird, Anne P baird.anne.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Mar 14 04:24:29 EST 2007

Hi Andrew

We are using Wikispaces quite extensively here at Wedderburn for Years 5/6,=
 Years 7, 8, 9, 11 & 12. We also have a P-12 wiki that acts as a portal for=
 all the other class wikis as well as a space for teachers. At this stage th=
e class ones are mostly used as a space for access to lessons and homework.=
 Kelvin, my husband, teaches Year 11 & 12 IT and he uses them for his classe=
s. I use them for Year 7 & 8 IT and also support other classes in using them=
 for various things. They will definitely evolve over this year and the next=
 so keep coming back if you want to see changes.

This year we are also trialling the use of wikis as digital portfolios for s=
tudents in Years 7, 8, & 9. These ones are private and can only be viewed by=
 the student and teachers or parents that they invite.  I am in the process=
 of putting together a pretend one that can be used as a demonstration.

All students have created their log ins and their wikifolio using their case=
s code which makes them much harder to identify except by teachers in the sc=
hool.

We did not ask parents permission to use wikis specifically although parents=
 do sign a release form at the beginning of the year for internet use and pu=
blishing. However the parents are fully informed as they will see them at pa=
rent teacher interview as it is a three way interview and students will be s=
howing them their work on their wiki. Hope that helps

Our Wedderburn Teaching Wiki.
HYPERLINK "http://wedderburnp12.wikispaces.com/"http://wedderburnp12.wikispa=
ces.com/

Our Wedderburn  Information Wiki is
HYPERLINK "http://teaching-with-technology.wikispaces.com/"http://teaching-w=
ith-technology.wikispaces.com/

Regards Anne

Anne Baird
Leading Schools Manager
Wedderburn College
Hospital St
Wedderburn 3518
School 03 54943011 Mobile 0417 340276 Home 03 54911540
My LSF Blog  HYPERLINK "http://wedderburn-college.blogspot.com/"http://wedde=
rburn-college.blogspot.com/
My Photos   HYPERLINK "http://www.flickr.com/photos/anne_loves_pink/"http://=
www.flickr.com/photos/anne_loves_pink/