[Yr7-10it] VITTA Programming Awards 2007 - Launch!

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Jul 27 23:48:26 EST 2007

Hi everyone (and apologies for the cross-posts),

It is my great pleasure to announce the launch of the VITTA Programming
Awards for 2007.

VITTA is honoured to welcome the support of the Australian Computer Society
(ACS) and The Victorian Government, as well as The Cancer Council of
Victoria - SunSmart Program, Microsoft, Open Source Victoria (OCV) and the
ASISTM cluster of Victoria.

This has been a highly successful award for several years - and this year
undergoes an expansion which will see it hopefully appeal to a wider range
of students of all ages.

The competition has been based solely on Microsoft Visual Basic.Net in the
past, and while Microsoft are still supporting the event, we have added more
competition categories and more languages which students can use to enter
the Award.  In addition to an Open Challenge in VB.Net, students may also
enter the Open Challenge in Python or complete a GameMaker category.

This year sees Open Challenge Categories for both boys and girls separately.
We have also added a Primary section to the GameMaker categories.  In total,
there are now 8 categories available to Victorian school students!

The categories are:

Visual Basic.Net Open Challenge - Boys section

Visual Basic.Net Open Challenge - Girls section

Python Open Challenge - Boys section

Python Open Challenge - Girls section

GameMaker Challenge - Primary Boys section

GameMaker Challenge - Primary Girls section

GameMaker Challenge - Secondary Boys section

GameMaker Challenge - Secondary Girls section

Problems have now been posted at the official VITTA Programming Awards 2007
web site at:

http://progawards.vitta.org.au/

I hope that your students enjoy taking part in the Programming Awards!  All
the very best of luck!

Regards,

Adrian Janson

VITTA President