[Yr7-10it] Tweaking Gmaes

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 22:16:20 EST 2007

So true, nothing like the challenge of trying fixing a broken game by
exploring and poking about at the code.

I had a good laugh at one lad last year who tried to change the
demonstration Gamemaker streetcar racing game so that the cars would drive
on the LHS of the road. He got distracted create sprites made up from
photographs of his friends faces.

Some girls stayed back at lunchtime last week playing with the open source
software Inkscape to create their own clipart from mobile phone photographs
(I put a handout on the VITTA website that explains how to do this)

I'll certainly repeat this as an activity for Software Freedom Day. Bring on
those rainy days :-)

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au