[Yr7-10it] Email Pals

fiona at balmoralhs.vic.edu.au fiona at balmoralhs.vic.edu.au
Mon Apr 16 10:08:18 EST 2007

Hi Paul

I am not sure if your enquiry was the result of this email being distributed to the schools over the holidays but incase it isn't I thought I would send it on.

I have had epals at different times between my school here and the school I attended as a child in Scotland (ok so I have a head start here). We haven't ran the program for the last two years because of (massive) refurbishment works to the school in Scotland, however I do know that a couple of the students here have continued to have contact with the epals.  they are now in year 10 and we set it up when they were in year 7.

It was easy to set up but I have to admit we lost all control of it pretty quickly as the students quickly stopped using their school email and swapped to msn etc. We were just lucky that the kids who participated never gave us any trouble.

hope this helps

Fiona Bain