[Yr7-10it] Email Pals

Graham Cahill cahillgg at bigpond.com
Mon Apr 16 11:14:34 EST 2007

>Anyone have any experience with using Email Pals websites such as
>http://www.epals.com/
>
>I am thinking of doing this with a year 7 ICT class to introduce
>email and broaden student cultural horizons.
>
>--
>
>Paul McMullen
>Beechworth Secondary College
>Sydney Road, Beechworth, 3747
>T: 5728 1264
>F: 5728 2530
>E: mcmullen.paul.m at edumail.vic.gov.au
>W: www.bworthsc.vic.edu.au
>

>Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If
>received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before
>opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects.
>Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the
>negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly
>from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to
>resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or
>opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not
>necessarily those of the Department of Education.
>Teachers Association Inc

It is probably safer to make contact with a school overseas and set
up an email exchange. This will give you more control over who is
sending emails to you students. The travel buddies program worked
well with younger students, but there is no reason why you couldn't
make similar contacts without the exchange of travel buddies for
middle year students. Making contact with another school also means
you can expose students to another culture. The other possibility is
to make contact with middle school teachers in the city for email
exchange.

Hope this helps
cya

Graham Cahill