[Technical] Manufacturer Tech support - Lenovo v Aspire

Neil Wallace neil at norwood.vic.edu.au
Thu May 19 15:13:32 EST 2011

Hi all,

We have found Lenovo tech support to be much better than Acer, but this is
with notebooks, not netbooks. The DEET warranty that covers teacher laptops
is available for notebooks but not netbooks, and I know one local school
that switched away from Lenovo netbooks due to lack of tech support.

We have gone Lenovo laptops with DEET warranty for our Yr 7 program this
year and have been VERY happy so far.

I'm having a major staff consult about NSSCF expenditure (device selection)
as I really do not believe netbooks will deliver the goods for the expected
life cycle either physically or financially.

Neil Wallace

eLearning Manager

Norwood Secondary College