[Technical] Linux at a Sydney school

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Mon Mar 27 14:50:02 EST 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 12:21:52PM +1100, Con Zymaris wrote:

> > > Yes, no doubt, Microsoft has most of you by the short and twirlies ;-)
> >
> > I just love this idea that you know better than the IT departments in
> > companies and other organizations, Con, and better than the home user.
> > Every purchase they make is a decision that suits their individual
> > circumstances, not necessarily your ideology.
>
> This is IT management and groupthink procurement. Most purchases and most
> decision that are made are made through fear, lack of complete knowledge
> and intellectual laziness. You know it. I know it.

And just to add humour into the mix, here's an example of one of these
clever managers from 'the departments' that Ian mentioned:

 http://www.centos.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=127

(site seems slow at the moment...)

Read the whole thing and laugh while crying...

Cheers,

Con Zymaris

- CEO, Cybersource Pty. Ltd.
- Director, Open Source Industry Australia, Limited.
- Convenor, Open Source Victoria (A Government-funded industry cluster.)