[Technical] Linux at a Sydney school

Clark, Ian C clark.ian.c at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Mar 24 11:30:44 EST 2006

Now you insult your audience, Con? Any of us who ever purchased a Mac or
XP laptop or implemented a Windoze or Novell server (and these days,
that's nearly everybody in the IT world in the planet) did so because of
"fear, lack of complete knowledge and intellectual laziness"?

Not even Linus Torvalds displays that kind of dogma.

It's a shame, that with these attitudes you continue to do such a
disservice to the cause of Open Source Software.

These out-of-touch-with-the-rest-of-the-world statements might sound
good when preached to the converted, but they don't resonate with fair
minded people. The effect is similar to the way that other valid causes
(such as single fathers, licenced shooters, anti-globalists,
environmentalists) actually get damaged by hardcore nutters in the
organizations that publicly represent them.

Regards,
Clarky

Important -