[Year 12 SofDev] Scope of project management terms

Claudia Graham claudia.graham at overnewton.vic.edu.au
Tue Aug 2 15:23:32 AEST 2016

Mark, you reminded me to post this.

I have found the teaching of concepts far more difficult this year and a little disjointed (next year will be different) so I have started pop quizzes on Unit 3 content just to get students in the test/exam thinking prior to Outcome 2.

This is the first one on Project Management, we will do one for analysis and design. You will notice that most are from past exam paper - I have left you the challenge of finding which paper they came from (you can find interesting questions all the way back to 2002!!).

Re Mark's comment below I have included critical path but just in general terms, and clearly for their SAT the order of things was important so dependences.

As is generally the case with Software students the question that asks them to explain the benefits of using tools such as Gantt charts was poorly done. With my students writing a lots of words on the page but never really directly responding to the question - a very important exam skill.

If anyone has done short tests on any other topic and would like to share I would love to see a few - with very few practice exams it is these type of resources that will assist towards the end of the year.

Regards
Claudia
Claudia Graham
VCE Coordinator