[Year 12 SofDev] VITTA sample exam 1

Travis Parker Travis.Parker at beaconhills.vic.edu.au
Mon Oct 7 10:21:43 EST 2013

Hi All,

Welcome back from the break!

I am just going through the sample exam 1 2013 from VITTA that my students completed over the holidays. Question 12 of multi choice gives two interfaces and then a range of answers. The correct answer says that the second interface (That makes use of dropdown boxes) ensures accurate input of data. All year I have taught that validation methods such as this ensure reasonable input of data as even with a limited amount of choices it still isn't necessarily accurate. I seem to remember past exam questions on this as well.

Is this the case, or am I ok in teaching that dropdown lists ensure reasonable entry of data?

Cheers

Trav

Travis Parker
Head of ICT