[Year 12 SofDev] IARTV sample exam MC#1

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Oct 25 20:36:20 EST 2007

I said "D" too.  That's where they are detected.  The word "occur" is a
bit vague!

Sonia Cotugno wrote:
> A quick question of you:
>
> The IARTV sample exam provided the following multiple choice that seems
> to have caught me out.
>
> 1. Program syntax errors occur:
> A when the program is running
> B during a desk check of the algorithm
> C during the evaluation of the program
> D during compilation
>
> I said D because I think the only way to really ensure that all syntax
> is correct is through compilation. They provide the answer B but I
> thought that the desk check is more about checking logic errors. What do
> you think?
>

> **Sonia Cotugno**
>
> Brighton Grammar School
>
> 90 Outer Cres, Brighton 3186
>
> ph: 61 3 8591 2200
>
> fax: 61 3 9592 6001
>
> web: www.brightongrammar.vic.edu.au <http://www.brightongrammar.vic.edu.au/>
>
> we teach boys

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000, Fax +613 95789253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

1. Education is an admirable thing, but remember that nothing that is
worth knowing can be taught - Oscar Wilde
2. I make trouble.  You want some?