[Year 12 SofDev] IARTV sample exam MC#1

Allan Barnes abarnes at aiet.com.au
Thu Oct 25 20:30:29 EST 2007

I would say D is correct as well – a program syntax error is picked up
during compilation as the program will not run before the source code is
correctly compiled.

A logic error is a bug in the programming code, so the program will run but
will give an incorrect answer, so “A” is a logic error. I wouldn’t say B or
C were logic errors as the program is not running at this point.

My five cents worth (the Aussie dollar and inflation rate went up again
today).

Kind regards

Allan Barnes, CEO

Australian Institute of Education and Training

P.O. Box 171

Brunswick West 3055

Ph: (03) 9387 2051

FAX: (03) 9387 3470