[Reporting] student report card

tim at brightonsc.vic.edu.au tim at brightonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Sep 11 13:32:38 EST 2006

Hello All

We have 'opted out' this year for the new 'student report cards', but all that has done is delay the inevitable. We are working through some issues re how we will package our reports in 2007. One of the issues relates to reporting assessment tasks. We think we would like to report student performance on assessment tasks on the individual subject reports. Here are some questions:
1. Is anyone else contemplating this?
2. If no, why not? (we are not wedded to the idea but we are also responding to received parent and staff opinion about the efficacy of the A-E rating. If there are good reasons for not doing so we'd like to hear about them)
3. If yes, what 'grading scheme' are you using?, and, how are you reconciling assessment task 'grades' with the A-E rating (if at all)?

Regards
Robert T-A
Brighton SC