[Offtopic] is ubuntu superior?

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 22:12:42 EST 2009

I have to agree .. version 9.04 is very slick, some reviews even consider it
better or equal to Windows 7. Canonical have gotten very serious about
making a stable computer platform and *nix desktop environments have a lot
going for them. One of my technicians first installed Ubuntu on one of the
library computers then wrote up a page about it. He was blown over by the
slash dot effect and posts that followed. Even today, Daniel is still
getting follow up messages asking how it is done. If you want students to
learn about operating systems, let them build up one from scratch with
Ubuntu. If they need a playground, let them build one inside VirtualBox.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au