[Offtopic] Attendance systems

Stephen Digby digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Jun 6 20:26:42 EST 2007

Can I have a copy of your "minimum attendance policy".

We use Sirius Rollmarker http://www.siriuslogic.com.au/ using PDA's.  Works OK - just.  Thinking of changeover
to DayMap due to integration with the Timetabler SW.
Both can use PDA's and Online access which is our preferred system (how can you be sure who is swiping that
card ?).
Would be interested in moving to fingerprint or other biometric when available so that students had
responsibility, but think that the teacher has to be responsible until then....
Think that we have jumped the gun while the software systems are undeveloped and bought a lot of grief rather
than a clean solution.
The fatal flaw in all systems is that they aren't integrated into CASES....
 Just ONE e.g.
When bursar creates an excursions charge, this student list is immediately available to CASES attendance as an
absence lists template.
The absence of this integration in any other software creates VERY significant data re-entry burden....

Stephen Digby, Learning Technology Manager
mailto: admin at cheltsec.vic.edu.au
Cheltenham Secondary College www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au <http://www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au/>
Ph: 613 955 55 955  Fx: 9555 8617 Mb: 0431-701-028
Man is a dog's idea of what God should be. Holbrook Jackson

  _____