[Offtopic] Good luck with your VicEdDpt advertisement

Meadows, Roslyn M Meadows.Roslyn.M at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Jan 31 23:48:08 EST 2007

Hi Stephen,

I checked my website statistics (for a cafe in Richmond) for January and tho=
ught the following might interest you -
Of 19110 unique visits to the website (who IMHO would be a fairly reasonable=
 representation of the general public)
IE 7         12.3%
IE 6         67%             !!!!!!!!!!!!
All Firefox versions 13.5%
Other browsers (Netscape, Opera etc) make up the rest.

Also I purchased a new laptop yesterday and after downloading all available=
 updates (how tedious - download, install, reboot - then repeat numerous tim=
es) IE7 had still not installed, I eventually just manually downloaded it fr=
om MS.  I thought this strange because it did automatically update on an old=
er laptop I have.

Although to you and I auto update just seems natural and sensible I still co=
me across people who have no idea what it is, or how to set it up. Remember=
 many people really have little knowledge of the finer workings of their PC=
 except for how to read and send email, surf the web, and get the pics off t=
heir camera (a perfect eg is my sister, & her hubby!)

So, chances are until Vista becomes more widespread than XP most people will=
 continue to use IE6 - except those of us who are more technically savvy and=
 therefore update - or choose Firefox!

BTW Happy New Year and hope you all enjoyed your holidays!

Cheers

Ros Meadows (Back at BentleighSC!!)
meadows.roslyn.m at edumail.vic.gov.au

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can reasonably put off until the week=
 after next" Anonymous Couch Potato