[Offtopic] Good luck with your VicEdDpt advertisement

Stephen Loosley stephen at melbpc.org.au
Fri Jan 19 05:23:48 EST 2007

At 07:25 PM 18/01/2007, Roland writes:

> they might insist that only users running MS Vista
> with IE7 can use it

Well, it might make more sense perhaps :-) I imagine
by now most people running windows with auto-update
switched on (and why wouldn't one) will be looking at the
virtual world via IE7.

>Online employment groups such as http://yahoocareers.seek.com.au http://mycareer.com.au http://www.careersonline.com.au http://www.vedior.com all work really fast, have really interactive websites and dont encourage users to login with any specific web browser. Gosh, I can even do my online banking with an operating system that runs off a USB key.
>
>It is about time that insist on broader interoperability, DET should only provide content and functions that work with any standards compliant browser.
>--
>http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/careers/vacs/advacssch.htm

Thoroughly agreed .. imho, for way, way too long now the whole
Vic-Ed online-recruitment back-end machinery has been broken.
None the least because of, as you say, interoperability problems.

Up-grade compatibility issues should be handled by contractors
in a professional and timely manner, and it should NOT become
a problem for any school to find staff to front classes on day one.

Regards Roland
Stephen Loosley
Victoria Australia