[Offtopic] Good luck with your VicEdDpt advertisement

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 19:25:59 EST 2007

Sadly it could be worse .. they might insist that only users running MS
Vista with IE7 can use it to seek employment.  I know where the contractors
who made it are comming from .. when you can only use a hammer, everything
starts to look like a nail.

Online employment groups such as http://yahoocareers.seek.com.au
http://mycareer.com.au http://www.careersonline.com.au
http://www.vedior.comall work really fast, have really interactive
websites and dont encourage
users to login with any specific web browser. Gosh, I can even do my online
banking with an operating system that runs off a USB key.

It is about time that insist on broader interoperability, DET should only
provide content and functions that work with any standards compliant
browser. There is much we could still learn from the Olympic game website
controversy.
     http://www.tomw.net.au/2001/bat2001.html

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au