[Offtopic] e-learning systems

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 23:38:57 EST 2007

I quite agree Ros.. there are better things we can all do with the money
such as keep it in Australia and spend it on better hardware, more staff
training and professional development, site level customization by drawing
upon some of the Moodle cottage industries that have sprung up, programmers
to contribute towards Moodle so that everybody benefits.

By analogy, sharing and improving on a good recipe doesn't stop me from
eating at good restaurants, does wonders for cooking new flavours and lets
me check that I got exactly what I ordered by letting me peek under the lid
off the saucepan for mystery additives.

Two edulists are worth joining are -
http://www.edulists.com.au/mailman/listinfo/opensource and

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au