[Offtopic] Eduweb

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Thu Feb 1 03:35:03 EST 2007

Hi Ros and all,

Ahh .. interesting .. quality stats .. and showing you are right
that not many Windows users have auto-update switched on.

And still, Eduweb contractors won't let IE7 users apply online
though, the 'getting help' section was expanded on Jan 22nd,
and also, a 6 page pop-up survey was added that gets stuck
here <http://secure-au.imrworldwide.com/cgi-bin/perseus6.pl>

Anyway, they must be having 'major' IE7 compliance problems
if it's still broken at this stage. One also notes they have Ed Dpt
laptop problems (sigh) As Roland writes, all other job sites work
just fine. Laptop proxy-address problems .. ok .. but, IE7 issues?

(quote) "Some teaching staff have experienced issues when using their
laptop to access ROL from home due to the proxy server settings on the
laptop for connecting to the school’s domain. To enable access from home,
laptops should have the laptoplogin.vbs script installed to support
different login scripts based on IP address ..
<http://www.eduweb.vic.gov.au/techroom/forums/20160/ShowPost.aspx> " (end
quote)

Education is now Australia's fourth largest export-earner, and it's big
business. I do think we should take more care of teachers, and business.

Anyway Ros, good luck with your new notebook computer, and I hope all the
fine folk at Bentleigh SC appreciate how lucky they are to have you :-)