[Offtopic] Wizards of Synchronised Computing

Roland Gesthuizen rolandg at netspace.net.au
Sat Dec 24 00:37:12 EST 2005

Daddy on the sax <http://www.flickr.com/photos/35945984@N00/76557857/>I
suppose that this has been blogged to death but I had to put in my two
cents worth. My sister sent me a 3 min video clip of a Christmas home
light show that blew me away. I did a bit of digging about to try and
track down where it might have come from and if it was for real. The
video of the 2004 production can be viewed here
<http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM> or here
<http://www.mypartypost.com/watchvideo/1033/Best_Christmas_Lights_Display_Ever>.

Carson Williams, an electrical engineer from Ohio wired his home up for
a fantastic, Christmas light display. He used over 16,00 lights were
synchronised to flash in time to the music score of "Wizards of
Christmas" by theTrans-Siberian Orchestra
<http://www.trans-siberian.com/>. It was reported by Snopes.com
<http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp> that this was a
genuine video with even detailed instructions and interviews how this
was done. WonderlandChristmas.com <http://www.wonderlandchristmas.com/>
has a splendid website of a 2005 Texas light display with over 22,000
lights synchronized to music and originally hosted the work by Carson.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra <http://www.trans-siberian.com/>'s music has me
foot tapping tonight and thinking that I have something else to add
under the tree this evening. Time to pop on the paper party hat, grab
the sax and belt out another chorus.

Merry Christmas all!

Regards Roland and Family