[Moodle] Moodle issue....external access

ARNOTT Suzanne SA at emc.vic.edu.au
Wed Feb 14 09:41:41 EST 2007

I am very limited with my technical knowledge of what goes on behind the front interface of Moodle.... so I am at my tech's mercy I guess...I am wondering if anyone can shed light or thoughts about this weird issue

Last year we had Moodle running during term on an internal server... worked smoothly... never missed a beat... became a very popular tool....
Over the break the tech moved the site to an external server... left it at version 1.5 to see that it was stab;e on the new server before upgrading...
Sweet.... it worked from home and at school.... (although the only thing that made it from the old server was my back up of users, so we had to re do all the courses... no biggie.... I had all of my stuff and I had done the most anyway)
A week later... something glitched and it went down.... (I did register the site around the same time)  I was told it was something to do with php... and the internal access was restored when the upgrade was made.... so we now have 1.7 working in the college...
However.... external access still has not been reconnected....
I am now told it is an issue coming from our ISP - Netspace....
we are using the same URL for both home and school access.... and it is the same URL we used last year for the internal access....

can anyone throw up any ideas.... had the same issues???? any thoughts?????

fingers crossed
Suz

Suzanne Arnott
Assistant manager ICT