[Moodle] Increasing Moodle

Philip Brown BROWN-PH at oxley.vic.edu.au
Fri May 20 12:06:41 EST 2005

20 courses! Your'e doing well!

I found teachers will only use Moodle if they see the need. Also if
they perceive the learning curve as too steep they won't bother. I have
run quite a few in service programs with a good deal of iinitial
interest but not much follow through. Very frustrating, particularly
when I can see definite educational advantages to a wide range of
literacy skills.

I'm now down to individually mentoring teachers untill they feel they
can manage the medium themselves. I think the whole aspect of using
Learning Management Systems in schools must be strategically planned
right from the outset by the educational administration, not
haphazzardly implemented like I did. It's difficult, if I didn't
implement it when I did we still wouldn't have anything at all.

Phil Brown
Oxley College

>>> murrao at westbourne.vic.edu.au 20/05/2005 10:04:40 am >>>

HiI have tried to increase Moodle usage at Westbourne Grammar School
but have so far only got 20 courses Moodle-ized.At a recent directors of
faculty meeting we decide to run a trail of getting a teacher's marks
book online via Moodle.The maths teacher involved will set up a Moodle
course with all assignments being his existing paper based assessments.
The assessments will run as per normal but grades and comments will be
entered into Moodle and exported to excel at the end of semester.
Students and parents can assess this data throughout the semester.I will
monitor the server logs and if the trail is a success the entire
secondary school will jump on board. Will keep you postedRegards, Oliver
MurrayWeb DeveloperWestbourne Grammar Schoolwww.westbournegrammar.com

Authority and
http://www.vitta.org.au - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
Teachers Association Inc