[Year 12 IT Apps] Web Authoring Software

Bill Oldham billo at kew.hotkey.net.au
Fri Nov 25 12:20:49 EST 2011

Hello Adrian,

Have you considered using Wordpress.com to create the website?

It is easy to hide the blog posts page and to stop the comments on the
static pages.

You can also leave the sidebars off for a standard looking web page.

Here is an example <http://billspersonalwebsite.wordpress.com/> .
(http://billspersonalwebsite.wordpress.com/)

So you wind up with a website that looks the  same as a Dreamweaver site but
with a fraction of the time spent on learning HTML and CSS.

There is a Wordpress.com sandpit that you can try out the different CSS
elements. But they will be lost as soon as you log off the Wordpress.com
website.

The alternative is to go to a Wordpress.org website that is hosted by your
school or an online host such as Godaddy.

The setting up of student blogs can also help them to try another form of an
online community.  But you guys know that already!

Any questions or comments, please contact me.

Bill Oldham (sessional teacher at RMIT for VCE and Foundation Studies)