[Year 12 IT Apps] Dear ITA Santa...

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Sat Mar 27 00:24:46 EST 2010

Dear IT Applications examiners.

I'm looking forward to the end of the year when we all settle down in our
exam venues in November and wait for the arrival of your gifts.

This year, please can I have a *puppy* and an *ipod* and *a real
rocket*and... and a
*roooly* good 2010 *ITA exam*?

Maybe you could talk to the nice people who have written the *Software
Development *exams over the past decade and find out why *their* exams have
been (usually) *perfect* while the ITA exams have been remarkably less so?

Maybe this year we could avoid a repetition of 2009's ITA question B12 where
some silly person who had never used a database thought a spreadsheet would
be a suitable alternative. Or the 2005 exam question whose writer had
neither factual knowledge of copyright law nor the ability to construct a
coherent sentence.
Or the many other arguable questions that appear with monotonous regularity
in the stockings which we hang with care each year.

If it would help, I'd throw in an extra dollar to hire a genuine English
speaker to proof-read the ITA exam. Last year's grammatical gaffes were
frequent and embarrassing.

Thanks in advance, Santa.  It will save me a lot of money in dog biscuits in
November if you can sort this out.

Love

Mark

School Phone +613 8520 9000