[Year 12 IT Apps] Question on critical path

Mike Brookes mikebr at tpg.com.au
Mon Oct 12 21:49:42 EST 2009

The critical path is the sequence of tasks such that if any of the tasks
takes longer than planned for then the time taken to complete the whole
project will increase.
Paradoxically the path on a GANTT or PERT chart containing the sequence
of tasks which adds up to the longest time is actually the shortest time
that the project can be completed in because if any of these tasks takes
longer the project completion date will be delayed.

Mike Brookes
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Copperfield College