[Year 12 IT Apps] Question on critical path

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 19:03:41 EST 2009

At revision today I talked about the chap who cuts the grass with a junior
apprentice. The boss rides the lawn mower (50 min) whilst the apprentice
does the edging (30 min) and sweeps the path (10 min). There is only one
mower, edger and broom. The broom can only be used after the lawn is cut and
edging is done. The group had a good laugh when the remaining few finally
understood that the apprentice was on the critical path (pun not intended).

I am enjoying going over the past exams. Students are now in awe at the work
that is put in to assemble these when I walked them through an examiners
report. My mind keeps turning to all the delicious discussions we have post
examination time for particular questions. I wonder if any other subject
deconstructs there assessment tasks with such energy and enthusiasm?

Off to see District 9 tonight .. need incentive to finish marking the last
outcome.

Regards Roland