[Year 12 IT Apps] Front page question

Jeffrey Lynn jslynn at optusnet.com.au
Fri May 18 23:54:11 EST 2007

Robert.

When the occasion warrants it, I do indeed teach HTML using Notepad or
Wordpad as my starting point. However, time constraints together with the
nature of this study design for Unit 3 mean that I have eschewed my usual
"in depth" approach to HTML and settled on the WYSIAWYG interface of
FrontPage. I was without a computer lab for the first 6 weeks and even then
it has taken me longer to restore our functionality to a point where I can
reasonably get useful results with proper security.

Having said that, I do give a brief explanation of how HTML works and
demonstrate a *very* basic page made up in Wordpad, just to show students
how the markup code works.

You are right in that the study design doesn't prescribe FrontPage; it does
prescribe web authoring software though.

Cheers,

Jeff Lynn,
Yeshivah and Beth Rivkah Colleges.