[Year 12 IT Apps] Front page question

Robert Hind robert at yinnar.com
Fri May 18 16:09:01 EST 2007

Hi Jeff,

Why do you have to use FrontPage - or Dreamweaver, or . . ? Why not use one
of those other "free HTML editors".

Oh! Sorry, that means the kids might have to learn some HTML code.

I have always thought that students of IT should have some understanding of
what goes on "behind the scenes". Using  WYSIWYG software is fine as a
starting point, just as is using JavaScript found on the Internet. But there
should be that basic understanding - and that does at least include
understanding what the HTML code does.

I am not teaching ITA at present, but surely the study design does not
prescribe FrontPage!

Robert Hind (Semi-retired)
Ex Traralgon and Ashwood