[Year 12 IT Apps] Front page question

Jeffrey Lynn jslynn at optusnet.com.au
Fri May 18 15:30:00 EST 2007

Thanks Kevork.

I'm not a fan of FrontPage as it does many things in its code that I was
specifically taught to avoid. However, when it's the main tool available I
have no choice! There are, of course, many free HTML editors around, and
several more powerful but considerably more expensive programs available. I
use some of these at home but not at school, so I find I'm fumbling a little
trying to find features in FrontPage. At least there are others in the same
boat and also others more familiar with the program able to help us all. :-)

Thanks all.

Jeff Lynn,
Yeshivah and Beth Rivkah Colleges.

Hi Jeff,

 Anchors seem pretty straightforward.
Create a bookmark in a page by highlighting a section of text( some
text ) , Insert Bookmark, call it eg. test
The code will appear as <a name="test">some text </a>

To browse to that part of the page
http://myweb.edu.au/myweb/mypage.htm#test
and the hyperlink will go to that line on the page ( it will scroll
down for you to that part of the page )
To jump to that part of the page from within the page, the hyperlink
will just be #test.

Hope that helps

Regards
Kevork