[Year 12 Its] Internal documentation

john edwards john.edwards at gippslandgs.vic.edu.au
Thu May 19 14:42:54 EST 2005

Hi All,

I have a quick question regarding documentation.

I have told my class that internal documentation consists of comments within the coding and the documenting of variables and the like so that their names form documentation (extrinsic and intrinsic).

My question is whether, Help that comes with a software package like Word or Excel, is considered internal or external. The Help itself must form part of the software so does that mean it is internal or since it is available only at run time is it considered external?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers,

John Edwards
Gippsland Grammar School