[Year 12 Its] Primary vs Secondary Data Sources

Barry Larkin larkin.barry.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri May 20 15:31:52 EST 2005

Hi all

It seems we have thrashed it around enough and have come up with some good
ideas however I think at this stage it's a little like the question of how
many stages there are in the SDLC.

It has been made clear that the examiners are going to accept that there are
5 and base exam questions on there being 5.

In this case I think we should ask the examiners to give us an accepted
definition of primary vs secondary which we can teach to the students in
order for them to have a common understanding on the definition.

Whether or not we totally agree would then be irrelevant.

(And perhaps the internal vs external question could be included. (If the
kids are going to be examined on the exact definition.)

Barry Larkin
Systems teacher
Chandler Secondary

Important -