[Year 12 IPM] OT - Edumail Exasperation

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 00:28:08 EST 2006

I think I now know what Ros is looking for.

I have a pop3 e-mail account for home that I use on my home computer with
Thunderbird and another at school .. nothing new there but it is better now
that I dont use these for my edulist mail. Like others on this list, I
resubscribed using a web based email service (there are many around with
ooodles of capacity .. gmail shows this thread of 15 messages as single web
page). Gradually I have added other subscription and mailing lists,
sometimes adding filters and rules to my home and school e-mail to bounce
the messages to the web based service and more rules to move mail for
my-eyes-only back to its proper place. All this rule scripting must add up
to a VCE unit somewhere ..

Our tech had soooooo much junk mail missed that he created a rule to move
all e-mail to a junk folder then other rules to move selected messages back
to the inbox. We had such a good laugh to see it actually working. I have
often wondered if I could make better use of the round, empty filing cabinet
next to my desk. ;-)

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au