[Year 12 IPM] Googling ITA

Bricks J. Winzer sarcophagus13 at iprimus.com.au
Wed Mar 8 19:38:26 EST 2006

One thing I find nerdishly fascinating is minutiae like this :)

I remember in my schooling days the alphabet soup that was our timetable -
many a teacher read COM and thought "Commerce" rather than "Computers"!

In VCE... well, the subject codes were 5 chars, but on the timetable, there
was a max of 4 chars.  Naturally.  English for example was EN011 so it was
no problem to change it to EN11 on the timetable.  The only one which didn't
work was Italian, e.g. LO141 which became L141 because the timetabler read
the O as 0.

Note it was LO, from LOTE.  Maybe the key is to take Italian out of the
equation by using LOTE as the name instead.
And of course, maybe use ICT rather than IT.

Staff codes on timetables...?  Ugh, another area of fun ;)

B.J.