[Year 12 IPM] ITA ("IPM 2007") summary

Robert Hind robert at yinnar.com
Fri Mar 3 16:01:16 EST 2006

Had to reset the emergency pressure release valve on my computer today !

The new course is not exactly what I would really like for year 12 but I am
only one of many whose views and needs have to be accommodated (or would
have to have been accommodated if I had not decided to retire at the end of
last year). Also, for personal reasons, I was not able to even offer to be
involved in the development of the new study design, so I cannot complain if
the result does not suit me 100%.

That said - you can still provide your students with very different
experiences and activities even at year 12 and still stay within the study
design. I know that under the existing sd some of the assessment tasks set
for students for SAC marks have been almost trivial in terms of ability to
actually use software while others have been quite rigorous.

So let us move on

Robert Hind (Semi-retired)
Ex Traralgon and Ashwood