[Year 12 IPM] HDD usage by teachers

Michael Torsello (Mr) michael at stmargarets.vic.edu.au
Fri Jul 7 08:51:37 EST 2006

Esko
We had the same problem. Just these holidays, we implemented what I consider reasonable restrictions: 100Mb for students, 500MB for teachers. The limits should depend on the number of students and teachers and the size of the HDD.

We immediately found that there were about 6 teachers who were way over the limit, one had over 5 GB.
The new policy will stop them saving anywhere on the server until their total files are under the limit. One teacher cleared 1 GB in a day - no problem once there is an incentive.

These 6 have been advised to delete old files and burn important files to a CD.

With Thanks
Michael Torsello
Director of Computing
St Margaret's School