[Year 12 IPM] Good PC vendors

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 19:07:01 EST 2006

We got our Acer units from Commander <www.commander.com.au>.. happy to
forward on the specs and details offlist but by all means, shop around for
prices and ask for a reference site to check out the backup service
(warranty, repairs, parts etc) get a sample unit and ask some students what
they think of it. There isnt much of a margin when selling PC's so this
feedback may make all the difference. We decided to roll over all our
curriculum hardware at once, set ourselves the target of 1:4
computer:student ratio and plan to do it again in 3 years time. Having just
one image to deploy put a wopping huge smile on our technicians face and
took just a few days to manage.

All the big vendor guns come along to the VITTA conference and support our
subject association with a trade stand and some sponsorship with prizes and
other goodies! Why not check out the list at the 2005 conference or even
press the flesh with a chat amongst the crowd at the trade stands at
the current
2006 conference <http://www.vitta.org.au/conference/2006/>.

Kevork has even created an edulist list that you can subscribe to for
commercial posts from these providers. Enjoy!

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au