[Design and Technology] Textiles course for years 9 and 10

Kerry Novak Kerry.Novak at assumption.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 26 08:14:27 EST 2014

Hi Lisa - thanks so much for your ideas and assistance. I really appreciate it.
Regards, Kerry

---
Sent from Boxer | http://getboxer.com<http://d.getboxer.com/1dmRL48>
On 25 November 2014 9:30:43 pm AEDT, Lisa Walsh <lisaw at avilacollege.vic.edu.au> wrote:
Dear Kerry,

It is hard because we are often the loners of the school. We really need to start a cluster group or regional networks to share ideas. There probably already is one but I know nothing about it!

I am at an all girls school so my focus at year 9 is garment construction through the manufacture of a dress. At year 10, however, I have been experimenting with a stretch sewing course where students learn stretch techniques and design and manufacture a hoodie, including an original screen print or print design somewhere on the hoodie. It's still in the planning for semester one next year. (Of course I need to develop it with the AusVel's curriculum in mind.) You could look at jeans deconstruction, redesign and manufacture also.

Back to reports,

Lisa Walsh
Design & Technology
Avila College