[Design and Technology] election promise

bazeley bazeley at iinet.net.au
Sun Apr 15 14:09:35 EST 2007

Hi Robert,

thankyou I will add that to the letter.

I have often argued for this at our school but the school is small and
staffing is tight. I can imagine in a large school it would be very
difficult to get these tasks done. My way to avoid spending holidays
cleaning etc which I have often done is not to take on any positions of
responsibility within the school and try to stay in my area. This isolates
me to a certain extent but it helps me manage the workload.

The school was willing to employ an ex trade teacher with engineering skills
for one day at the end of last year. He carried out most of the maintenance
on the machinery in that one day. This was excellent value and a number of
bugs in the machinery were fixed. He was payed for a days CRT work. Costs
for repairs, parts etc came out of woodwork budget.

Richard B.

  _____